Saturday, June 16, 2007

Headin' down to Old Mexico


Adam:


So far
this image
pirated from space
is all we know

Save
that there is
something
very real and tasty
within it

We're headed South tomorrow. Bound for unknown zocalo's, for reasons likewise unknown. We'll find out when we get there. Cholula. Cholula. Cholula.

In the meantime, we'll be on the road. Where, for some reason, my family seems to function best. The Seriious music grovin', fossil fuel burnin', not what's around the next bend knowin' road. The journey (and the border) is bound to be a trip.

Myself, I'm going down to see what there is to see. I'm not trying to get away, nor closer to anything. But, as is the point of any venture, I will try to see and speak clearly-- and to let myself be tranformed by my experience. We only live once, and my sweet serving of sentience seems to have been blessed and cursed with insatiable exploration. So we're going down to Old Mexico this summer. My only goals are to learn how to tell jokes in Spanish, hang out with The Kids, and to be of Use. We're gonna check it out, you know, get into it.

We'll post on this blog as often as we can. Check back to check in, or email us and we'll write back. If you include your Earth Address, we'll send a postcard. Until then, vaya con Dios. We'll do the same.

Siempre,

AC

No comments: