Thursday, June 09, 2005

Simple life VII

Greatest people.

Aloha. Here's to Spring, my favorite season. May it bring us all a sumo
portion of health smothered in love with a side of good cheer.

We Carbondalians fare well. A bit tired, but content, in a dreamy, frenzied
sort of way. I am back to work; wringing poems from spastic teens, Cora is learning
the art of stewardship to the tiny. She hands them to me twice a week and takes a hike. I, in turn,
escape on my bike for my Hour of Adventure. Nothing renews me like a face-full of sweat and red
dirt. Everyone in my family seems happier outside.

Baby Eli is incredible. Already I can see that the older brother is the free
spirit while the younger is the old soul. He has a quiet wisdom. In spite of his tiny squirminess, He seems
strong and I feel like the helpless one. He meows, too. He only cries when he needs to, and spends as
much time as possible with The Boobs. Mostly he just sleeps or sits looking around turning everyone to
butter.

Talon fares forcefully. Like the rest of us, he is adjusting to the fourness.
He helps out though, and talks a lot, mostly in his own alien language. Talon now
refers to himself as DAR! I thinks he finds it more powerful-sounding than Talon, in a professional
way. It does get the point across. DAR JUICE!, KISS DAR! or DAR GRRRR! He mostly just
runs, with his flaming white hair, and makes sound effects to accompany the high-action-drama
being played out in his tiny head.

So the new family is off to a smooth and rocky start. We recieved so many
thoughtful trinkets and good wishes from everyone, and massive amounts of food. So, thanks. It's sure nice to
be part of a tribe.

Fresh spring blossoms of solace to all ya'll.

Adam

No comments: